Amana Christian Early Learning Centre is an Interdenominational Christian Childcare Centre. We were established in 2009 to provide high-quality education and care for children of the Taieri and surrounding areas. Amana ELC is licensed and funded by the Ministry of Education and provides education and care for children aged 0 to 6 years.
- Hours to suit working families.
- We have flexible hours to suit all families.
- Up to 30 hours free ECE for children aged 3 years and over.
- We offer WINZ subsidies for eligible families.
- Low fees.
- Qualified, experienced and registered teachers.
- A warm and loving environment.
- Quality education with a Christian focus.
- Prepared programme for different ages including an extension programme for 4-year-olds.
- Family atmosphere.
- High-quality child to teacher ratios.
- Easy and safe parking for pick up and drop off.
- Quality equipment and resources.
- Close links with the Amana Christian School.
Settling in your child
It is very important to us that both you and your child settle well into life at Amana ELC. In order to promote this, we offer the following; Transitional visits. We encourage you and your child to come and spend some time with us prior to your child starting. All children are given a first contact teacher, it will be this teacher’s job to make sure your child is comfortable during their time with us. We also encourage you as the parent to spend as much time as you like settling in with your child. Support for both the parent and child when it comes time to say goodbye for the day.
We actively encourage parents to be involved in the centre and in their child’s learning. This could take the form of many different things but could include; attending regular social events for the families, parent education evenings, active participation in our programme, or becoming involved in our committee.